Remote not working

Browse our remote control threads to find an answer to your remote questions.

Remote not working

Postby shelray88 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Remote was working fine last night. Tonight it will not show the guide and will only change the station if you hit the channel up/down buttons, and then it will only move up/down about 5 channels. No other buttons will work. I have changed the batteries and that did not help. Do I need to reprogram it? Model #20.0 IR
shelray88

Re: Remote not working

Postby Mary B. » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi, I would be happy to assist you with your remote issue. I would advise trying to readdress the remote the receiver. here are the steps:

How to address remote to DISH receiver:
1. Go to System Info screen. (Menu twice on your DISH remote)
2. Hold down the “SAT” button until all mode lights light up.
3. Enter a number between 1 and 15 using the numeric keypad on the remote.
4. Press the pound (#) button.
5. Once the SAT button blinks three times, press record.
Note: If successful, the number selected in step 3 will appear in the System Info screen under Remote Address.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue. Thank you!
Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead~ Social Media
Sunday-Wednesday 2:45pm-11:15pm Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)
Mary B.

Postby lsueverett » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 am

I am having a similar issue with my Remote #2. It works the TV fine (changing volume levels, TV channels, on/off) and it also will turn the reciever on and off. However it will not do anything else with the satellite, no guide, DVR menu, satellite channels, etc.) Literally the only thing it will do is turn the reciever on and off.

Please help!! Thank you.
lsueverett

Postby Cheri T. » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:02 am

lsueverett wrote:I am having a similar issue with my Remote #2. It works the TV fine (changing volume levels, TV channels, on/off) and it also will turn the reciever on and off. However it will not do anything else with the satellite, no guide, DVR menu, satellite channels, etc.) Literally the only thing it will do is turn the reciever on and off.

Please help!! Thank you.

I am very sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your TV2 remote. Can you please try the steps that Mary B. has provided above? When performing these steps please take your TV2 remote to the TV1 location and enter the system info screen. You can enter the system info screen by pressing the menu button twice on your TV1 remote. Please let us know if this resolves your issue. Thanks!
Cheri Torres
Social Media Representative
Sun, Mon, Tues and Fri. 7:00AM - 6:00PM (MST)
Cheri T.

Postby lsueverett » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 am

When I press the menu button twice all I get in a black screen.

ETA...TV Remote #1 will not manipulate the satellite at all either, other than to turn it on and off.
lsueverett

Postby Cheri T. » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:10 am

When you try to press the menu button twice, is the SAT button light up or the TV button? Have you already tried replacing the batteries?
Cheri Torres
Cheri T.

Postby lsueverett » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 am

Yes the SAT button lights up and yes I have replaced the batteries in both remotes.

I also tried entering the system info by pressing the "System info" button on the actual reciever. I get the same black screen as with the remotes. I am able to resume watching TV (on the channel it was on last night when the remotes last worked properly) when I press the cancel button on the remote.
lsueverett

Postby Cheri T. » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:15 am

Thank you for this information. Can you please try unplugging the receiver from the wall outlet for 10 seconds? Once the receiver has started up please try the functionality of the remotes again.
Cheri Torres
Cheri T.

Postby lsueverett » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:24 am

Ok....thank you for all your help. Both remotes are now working properly again.
lsueverett

Postby Cheri T. » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:27 am

You're welcome! I am glad to hear everything is working properly again. Let us know if you need anything in the future.
Cheri Torres
Cheri T.

Next

Return to DISH Remote Control Support