HELP! New Hopper 3 will NOT recognize any external HD

Check out our product support threads to find answers to any questions you may have about your Sling Adapter, Tailgater or any other DISH product.

HELP! New Hopper 3 will NOT recognize any external HD

Postby LtoTry » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi,
Just upgraded (on Dish's strong suggestion and promise that I could transfer my saved recordings from my Hopper with Sling over to it easily. Well, I've copied everything over to two different EHD and Hopper 3 will not even recognize either of them when I plug them in. I've also tried to transfer them over from the old Hopper with Sling to the Hopper 3, but then Hopper 3 says it can not find another Hopper.

Anyone know how to fix these issues?? I need to send the old receiver back to DISH really soon, so am rapidly running out of time. I contacted Dish Tech support online a few days ago and all the gal would keep telling me was that "you can't connect an EHD to Hopper 3" period. BUT that was NOT what I was told when agreeing to the upgrade nor by the technician who did the install.

Please help.
LtoTry

Re: HELP! New Hopper 3 will NOT recognize any external HD

Postby MarkL » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Hello LtoTry.
Don't panic, we're here to help. It's usually a simple fix. You might need a "hit", a signal sent to your receiver. Please private message me, I'll take care of that.
Mark "Denverdood" Lucas
Social Media Representative
Hours: Wed,Thurs, Fri, Sat 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Off Sun, Mon, Tues
MarkL

Postby LtoTry » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Mark, tried to send you a PM but it seems to be just sitting in the outbox. I'm new to this forum so not sure if there's some trick to sending a PM to you.
LtoTry

Postby Chadt4141 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:55 pm

LtoTry wrote:Mark, tried to send you a PM but it seems to be just sitting in the outbox. I'm new to this forum so not sure if there's some trick to sending a PM to you.

It will sit in the outbox until read.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Postby peggyrh » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:22 pm

His signature shows him not working again till Wednesday. Might be quicker to contact another rep tomorrow.
Peggyrh
H3/J2
peggyrh

Postby Mike H. » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:10 am

I am happy to help with this and there is something I want to try on my end. Will you make sure the EHD is connected and then PM me with the phone number on the account. I am going to send a push from here in our DISH offices and with you having the EHD connected, the pass-key should allow for the system to recognize the EHD. With you having the Hopper 3 it can take up to 72 hours to fully push through.
Mike H.
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Thursday 6:00 AM-2:30 PM MST
Mike H.

Return to DISH Product Support