Hopper is recording ALL events including duplicates

Check out our product support threads to find answers to any questions you may have about your Sling Adapter, Tailgater or any other DISH product.

Hopper is recording ALL events including duplicates

Postby windyweather » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Hopper is recording all events, even duplicates. Take as an example, the recent EXPANSE. This was confusing since the first time it appeared was S2/E1-2 and then S2E1 and S2E2 appeared separately. Fine. Recording both of those makes sense since the first time they appeared they appeared as a single show. But later they were recorded AGAIN. so now I have 5 files on my HD. So either that's a bug in the HOPPER or you guys need to control your guide better so that the HOPPER can sort this out and not fill my HD with duplicates. All this used to work on the old HOPPER1. Is this a bug in the new HOPPER 3 or a bug in the guide programming? It is just as important to control your guide as it is to control the software.

Here's the proof.

WELL GUESS I CAN"T PROVIDE YOU ANY PROOF SINCE MY URL WAS REJECTGED TO MY GOOGLE PHOTOS ALBUM. SO DEBUG IT YOURSELF IF I CAN"T PASS YOU ANY PHOTOS OF THE PROOF OF THE PROBLEM. HAVE A VERY NICE DAY.

Have a great day.
Otherwise the hopper seems to be working very well.
And the netflix app is great too.

ww
Hopper in one room and 1TB Ext Drive
windyweather

Re: Hopper is recording ALL events including duplicates

Postby peggyrh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:18 pm

Not working like that on my H3, suggestion is to delete the timer & set it up again, sometimes it just needs a little "bump" to get it working again. :)
Peggyrh
H3/J2
peggyrh

Been there, done that.

Postby windyweather » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Doesn't work. Tried that and it still fails.
AND in a related problem - again. Tonight ABC news didn't record. Seems like every week something changes about the events that invalidate the events for ABC Evening news. Same Text or NOT, but something invalidates the timer. And why does the WEEKEND news or the Sunday version of the ABC Evening news require a separate timer? Sometimes Saturday and Sunday require different timers? What's up with that? I keep missing the evening news because the timers keep being invalid. I must have fixed these timers 10 times in the past couple of months and they keep being invalidated.

OK so it may not be the H3 Software, but it's just as important to program the guide correctly. Maybe the reason it works for some folks is that you live somewhere where the guide is correct. But it's sure messed up here in Oregon. If DISH is contracting this guide making task off to some subcontractors, then this is a WAKE UP CALL. DISH, You need to check to see if they are doing a reasonable job. AND THEY AREN"T in my area.
Hopper in one room and 1TB Ext Drive
windyweather

Return to DISH Product Support