Movie Mania

Have questions about Blockbuster @Home? Check back here for support.

Movie Mania

Postby omabluebird » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:20 am

I got this mailing from Dish and it had this "Great" offer for movie mania, "shh only for existing customers". So I check it out thinking "oh good, something new and exiting" So the first movie listed is The Natural from 1984. The rest of the movies are equally unexciting. If you are going to "reward" existing customers let's have a new movie not available to the whole world. :(

I have not been too impressed with Blockbuster at home, although we have enjoyed some of the pixl etc movies. I find the whole thing somewhat confusing and misleading.
omabluebird

Re: Movie Mania

Postby Ray C. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 am

Please tell me what you find confusing about BB@Home. Please let me know. Thanks.

omabluebird wrote:I got this mailing from Dish and it had this "Great" offer for movie mania, "shh only for existing customers". So I check it out thinking "oh good, something new and exiting" So the first movie listed is The Natural from 1984. The rest of the movies are equally unexciting. If you are going to "reward" existing customers let's have a new movie not available to the whole world. :(

I have not been too impressed with Blockbuster at home, although we have enjoyed some of the pixl etc movies. I find the whole thing somewhat confusing and misleading.
Ray C.
Social Media Team
Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM MDT
Ray C.

Postby omabluebird » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:07 am

It may sound like a cop out but I find BB@home so confusing that I cannot even explain it. I am not a technical dummy, I use a computer constantly and can understand most of how my Dish hopper works. I can figure out menus and how to do things without help.

That said
1. I am not even totally sure what BB@home is. When I go to the BB@home menu from my menu button and clik on blockbuster at home I get a difficult to read menu with icons that is not broken up by category. It would take forever to look for anything in that mess. So you go to filter and at the top left it says BB@home is one of the choices to filter. then it says genre ratings etc. So is bb@home a filter for BB @ home or is it a filter for all movies? The filter on the right is just about who made the movie or something there are so many choices I cannot make heads or tails of it.

So I try a search and discover some more colored buttons on the menu bar. On demand??? Now what does that mean, the menu has: all media, program guide, my recordings, on demand?? Okay I am now out of the BB@ home menu.?

By this time I am so confused that I decide to go back to leave my dish and go to my netflix streaming movie menu.

2. Why can't I stream the same movies or tv shows on my computer that I can on my tv?
3. Why can't I add a movie to my streaming cue online and then watch it on tv or computer?
4. Why can't I easily create a queue of movies or tv shows that I want to watch in the future?
5. Why can I only get some tv series in Spanish not English? I have forgotten which it was but it was a children's show my grandson wanted to watch.

Etc, etc.
omabluebird

Postby Ray C. » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 pm

I understand your frustration about searching for a movie. With each category you select using the Red Hot Key button on your remote, the content is lessen from 3466 for All Movies, 3249 for Blockbuster@Home, 80 for All TV Shows, or 95 for All TV Channels.

If you subscribe to Blockbuster@Home, you are able to view the BB@H content on your TV or computer. The On Demand content is available whenever you want if you subscribe to the channel in your programming package.

If you know the name of the title, you can search for that title. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

omabluebird wrote:It may sound like a cop out but I find BB@home so confusing that I cannot even explain it. I am not a technical dummy, I use a computer constantly and can understand most of how my Dish hopper works. I can figure out menus and how to do things without help.

That said
1. I am not even totally sure what BB@home is. When I go to the BB@home menu from my menu button and clik on blockbuster at home I get a difficult to read menu with icons that is not broken up by category. It would take forever to look for anything in that mess. So you go to filter and at the top left it says BB@home is one of the choices to filter. then it says genre ratings etc. So is bb@home a filter for BB @ home or is it a filter for all movies? The filter on the right is just about who made the movie or something there are so many choices I cannot make heads or tails of it.

So I try a search and discover some more colored buttons on the menu bar. On demand??? Now what does that mean, the menu has: all media, program guide, my recordings, on demand?? Okay I am now out of the BB@ home menu.?

By this time I am so confused that I decide to go back to leave my dish and go to my netflix streaming movie menu.

2. Why can't I stream the same movies or tv shows on my computer that I can on my tv?
3. Why can't I add a movie to my streaming cue online and then watch it on tv or computer?
4. Why can't I easily create a queue of movies or tv shows that I want to watch in the future?
5. Why can I only get some tv series in Spanish not English? I have forgotten which it was but it was a children's show my grandson wanted to watch.

Etc, etc.
Ray C.
Social Media Team
Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM MDT
Ray C.

Return to Blockbuster @Home