Long Time Customer, close to leaving !

Check back here for all of your non-technical DISH customer service needs.

Long Time Customer, close to leaving !

Postby IA101 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:41 pm

I have been a customer for many years. I have been very happy up until the last 6 mo. I am constantly having hardware issues, and I am tired of 30-45 min hold times, just to have someone that I can hardly understand, walk me through the same troubleshooting process every single time with absolutely no resolve. My hardware is almost 6 yrs old. One of my Joeys get so hot we can't touch it. One of my Joeys have rattling inside of it. My Hopper freezes up. The communication from my Hopper to Joeys to remotes..etc...is mind boggling slow. I have 25meg internet and have ruled that out. My DVR sometimes doesn't recorded the right show/or only partial shows/or hey, how about an entire hr of black out!!!. I have 3 Joeys plus the Hopper, but only 3 tuners show up to use and record. Customer service refuses to send out techs to replace anything, even though I pay the insurance. I have already researched Direct TV and found that I will get the same programming for the same cost (or cheaper if I sign up at certain times). I do not want to change over...BUT>> If I do not get updated hardware and a tech out here to hook it all up and check outside wiring, connections and dish mounting, I will make the call for a change of service. I do not want a phone call as I am completely fed up with that avenue of communication. My bill is due in 5 days and I refuse to pay another dime until this matter is resolved. I hope to hear from customer service soon. Thank You.
IA101

Re: Long Time Customer, close to leaving !

Postby JessicaR » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:05 pm

IA101 wrote:I have been a customer for many years. I have been very happy up until the last 6 mo. I am constantly having hardware issues, and I am tired of 30-45 min hold times, just to have someone that I can hardly understand, walk me through the same troubleshooting process every single time with absolutely no resolve. My hardware is almost 6 yrs old. One of my Joeys get so hot we can't touch it. One of my Joeys have rattling inside of it. My Hopper freezes up. The communication from my Hopper to Joeys to remotes..etc...is mind boggling slow. I have 25meg internet and have ruled that out. My DVR sometimes doesn't recorded the right show/or only partial shows/or hey, how about an entire hr of black out!!!. I have 3 Joeys plus the Hopper, but only 3 tuners show up to use and record. Customer service refuses to send out techs to replace anything, even though I pay the insurance. I have already researched Direct TV and found that I will get the same programming for the same cost (or cheaper if I sign up at certain times). I do not want to change over...BUT>> If I do not get updated hardware and a tech out here to hook it all up and check outside wiring, connections and dish mounting, I will make the call for a change of service. I do not want a phone call as I am completely fed up with that avenue of communication. My bill is due in 5 days and I refuse to pay another dime until this matter is resolved. I hope to hear from customer service soon. Thank You.

We would hate to lose you! Please send me a PM with your phone number and PIN so that I can further assist.
Jessica Rodriquez
Social Media Representative
Monday -Friday 1 - 10 PM. (MST)
JessicaR

Postby FWolf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:48 am

One thing I wanted to point out to others that might be reading this:
The statement was made "I have 3 Joeys plus the Hopper, but only 3 tuners show up to use and record."

This is how the system is designed and this is normal. The Hopper has 3 tuners and the Joeys use these tuners. Having 3 Joeys and one Hopper does not mean you'll have 4 tuners.
If you need more tuners adding a Super Joey will give you 2 more for a total of 5 tuners. Or upgrade to Hopper 3 and get 16 tuners.

Remember if you are watching a recorded show then you are not using a tuner.
FWolf

Postby IA101 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:24 am

I did not know that Wolf, nor has anyone taken the time to explain that while on the phone. Thank you for the clarification.
IA101

Return to Customer Service